Cannot install Dorico - plagued with 'Audio Process has Died'

I’ve tried every presented solution on this forum to install/run Dorico Elements 2 Trial, spending hours reinstalling/removing and nothing is working, and I have to admit it doesn’t bode well for the software for me if I’m having problems this early with simply starting it. It’s not a great first impression. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Here’s the zip of the Dorico folder -

I’m running osx 10.12.6 on macbook pro, with an RME Fireface UC with latest Dorico.
Dorico 2.zip (8.8 KB)

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having problems getting Dorico started. The file you attached unfortunately doesn’t have enough information to diagnose the problem. Could you please try the following:

• Open the finder
  • Choose Go and enter:
    ~/Library
  • Navigate to Preferences
  • Zip up the VSTAudioEngine2 folder

Hi, thanks for getting back to me, I’ve attached.
VSTAudioEngine2.zip (38 KB)

Thanks for the additional data. The audio engine log data shows that, while scanning the plenties of VST plug-ins, when reaching DRUMACHINE R8.vst and DRECEIVE R8.vst it enters into an endless loop (and possibly later crashes). This pattern we’ve never seen before and we need to investigate.
For a temporary solution, may I ask you to move those 2 plug-ins out of the way (and keep a copy somewhere else). If you then start up Dorico, does it get any better? If not, please again create a zip of the VSTAudioEngine2 folder.

I managed to download those R8 plug-ins and install on my iMac and voila, same problem here with me. The audio engine starts up, goes into an endless loop and after some time crashes. So we will analyze this further and see what is causing this endless loop/crash. In the meantime, the workaround is to move those R8 plugs out of the folder /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST.

Okay, we now know what the problem is. It is a recursion problem while scanning the plugs.
During installation of the R8 plugs an alias gets created as /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/kl./VST:kl. alias
This alias causes the endless loop in our plug-in manager. If it runs long enough it blows up the stack and thus crashes.

The solution is to remove that ‘VST:kl. alias’
The author of the R8 plug-in also mentions this in his readme file.

Hi, thanks for your help and swift reply. I did what you advised and all is fixed. Appreciate it, looking forward to trying out the software.

It is a strange problem to have on that developers part, and I can appreciate it wasn’t Dorico’s fault. I’m unsure why my other DAW’s ignore the recursive folder.

Thanks again!