Cannot locate impulse response file: help?

Okay, I’m getting this message whenever I try to use any of the pre-packaged reverb plugins (REVerence, etc). I googled that phrase, and got a link to an archived cubase.net post (Cubase: Music Production Software | Steinberg). Unfortunately, none of the suggestions made any sense - for instance, where (on Win7) do I find “RootDrive/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/VST Sound/FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_01.vstsound”, and how do I point media bay to look there? (And does RootDrive mean C:, or is there a folder actually called RootDrive? Regardless, I couldn’t find that directory tree anywhere.) There was a second suggestion to move the Cubase Preferences folder to another location, but for the life of me, I can’t find the Cubase preferences folder! Finally…are there any updated suggestions for this issue, considering my version of Cubase, OS, etc?

I feel like I’m making an ID10T error here, of course…can’t find things on my own computer…but any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Just a friendly bump, hoping someone will have a solution to this impulse response file issue…

Bumping once more…does anyone have any solution to this issue? I’m really at my wit’s end, and I’ve got projects I need to finish - and have no reverb.

Root drive is C:. You need to open Mediabay and make sure the folder you referenced above is checked and then let MB re-scan it.

Thank you for the reply…unfortunately, “C:/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/VST Sound/FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_01.vstsound” simply does not exist on my system, anywhere. Not even the second tier, the Library folder, exists. The only references to Steinberg I have are in C:/Program Files/Steinberg, and nowhere in that folder (or any of the subfolders ASIO and Cubase5) is there a Library folder or a VST Sound folder or an Application Support folder or a Content folder or any file with the extension of .vstsound.

For the record, I am a registered owner of a license for Cubase5 - the E-Licenser never leaves the USB port on the back of my computer. Furthermore, I didn’t encounter any errors during initial installation of Cubase5, or the patching of it to 5.5.2. What do I try next?

Thanks in advance.

On my system (Win7) it’s under C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound

That post on the old forum is from a Mac user, so the location is different…

Ah ha! Thank you for directing me to the right location - at least, now I know where I should find the .vstsound files (why all the Cubase files aren’t simply together in the same program folder, I’ll never know…)

Now, the only problem is this - the only file in that folder is “Groove Agent ONE 03.vstsound”. There are no other files in there, and I tried re-installing the files from the “VST Sound Collection” DVD. Still nothing referencing REVerence or any of the other pre-packaged reverb plugins.

Any ideas? Thanks :slight_smile:

You could have specified that on install if you had really wanted to…

Well, you should simply try the Cubase 5 install DVD instead - that´s where the files and the installer are located on.
DVD drive\Cubase 5 for windows\Additional content\VST Sound\ REVerence_Content_01.msi

Thank you so much!!! I don’t know why that never installed in the first place, but I have reverb now! It’s a beautiful thing.

Thank you again!

DVD drive\Cubase 5 for windows\Additional content\VST Sound\ REVerence_Content_01.msi

I had the same problem. Thanks for the tip!

Hi

I have just purchased Cubase V7 and am having the same issue - only I have a download not a DVD - what do I need to do ?

And do you think you could tell us, which download you have…?

The very latest version which I have purchased through Steinberg directly.

What´s the file size…?

1.7GB and the recent update of 440MB

That´s definitely not the complete content.
Did you upgrade from V 6.5? If so, you can install the content from the Cubase 6 discs, otherwise I´d suggest to download the “Cubase 7 complete installation” iso image from here

That’s great - thank :slight_smile: