"cannot locate impulse response file: LA Studio.wav" (?)

Thank you Ulf for the response. No, that file(s) (FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_0*.vstsound) isn’t there. There are several FCP_SMT_005_…etc.vstsound files (even more on Content/HALion/VST Sound folder), but not that/those.
I can tell you that I have previously installed Dorico+Content with Steinberg Download Assistant and I think (not 100% sure) that there wasn’t any problem (OR: I installed only the Dorico 4 content, not HALion Sonic SE 3.5.0). I then had to reinstall everything again (because of another unrelated problem with my computer, which is a Mac), this time using the installers (all of them), not the Steinberg Download Assistant (I haven’t yet a reliable wifi connection with this particular Mac, that’s why), and then got this problem.

Anyway, I just opened the HALion_Sonic_SE_3.5_Installer_mac.dmg and saw that in Additional Content/VST Sound folder there are these folders: REVerence Content 01 + VST Amp Rack Content + VST Bass Amp Content that contain respectivelly FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_01.vstsound + FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_03.vstsound + FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_04.vstsound.
I put those 3 impulse files on the folder you refered, and now everything is apparently OK (I imagine that those were the files you would send me, right?).
So, there must be a problem with the Mac installer that fails to put those files in the proper place. I also checked that all the 16 files in Additional Content/VST Sound/HALion Resources (in the same installer) aren’t installed in my Mac (should I manually copy them?).

Hi @emar, good to hear.
And yes, those are the files I would have sent you.
So then something must be wrong with the installer somehow, but not only on Mac, there are few, but also Win customers sometimes experience the issue.
Anyway, problem solved for you, have fun with Dorico :slight_smile:

I’ve had Dorico for a while and have never heard of this file before. But now I since I reinstalled I hear about it every time I launch. Not in App Support folder, not with sound data relocated out of System Folder this annoying item is absolutely nowhere to be seen. We love you Dorico, yes we really do but sometimes you can be a bit of a nag. Can’t we just have a ‘Forget it!’ button.

I would suggest running the installer once more to see if that’s enough to get those files correctly installed. Let us know if it is not.

Hi Ulf,
I have the same problem. I don’t have the file FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_0*.vstsound. Can you send me a download link to those files?
Thank you!

Hi @Ynze_Bicknese , I’ve sent you a private message, please check.

Hello @Ulf, I just got this message today for the first time. No idea why. Could you let me know what I need to do to remove it?
Thanks.

Hi @DanKreider, I have also sent you a private message.
I wonder though how this could happen to you in first place. Because you are a long time Dorico user and now all of a sudden this message appears. Did you actively do something in order that those files have suddenly vanished?

I had this happen to me previously on one of my systems and had to copy the files from the other system to get them back. It was a long time ago now, but what I recall happening was I had uninstalled some other Steinberg software that wasn’t part of Dorico (it might have been a free LE version of Cubase) and it removed those files, and re-installing Dorico did not put the files back.

Hi Michael, thanks for sharing. That certainly makes sense and would explain the missing Reverence files.
Can the other persons here confirm that?

Hi @Ulf , I experienced the same issue, can you please send me the files as well ?

Welcome to the forum @OKAN .

I’ve sent you a private message, please check.

Hi there! Same Problem here :), dear @Ulf , could you send me the thing too?

Here are some Things that I did since I used Dorico the last time, which might have broken it, maybe it helps:

• installed ASIO4all
  • installed Behringer X32 Driver
  • ran CCleaner

Most likely CCleaner deleted the file and caused this.

1 Like

Hi @martinZalecki, I will do. A little patience, though, please.

No rush, it’s the weekend :slight_smile:

Well, SOMEHOW it just resolved by itself. :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:. Dorico is working again. Sorry for bothering you.

It’s not that Dorico does not work without those files.
Please try following: open the sample project DORICOverture, go to the mixer window (F3) and open the editor window of Reverence (inserted in the effect channel). Did it load the Vienna concert hall preset? Can you hear reverb during playback?

Hello Ulf I have seen the comments about the problem with the studio file. I need the link to fix it. Thank you so much

Hi @nazarenoramiro , please see my private message I’ve just sent you.