I cannot do the following:
- Insert a MIDI track (configured to proper port / channel for device)
- Start recording
- Change bank and/or patch and have those events recorded into the track
- Cubase Pro 11, Win10Pro
- It’s a single device (Roland JV1080) in patch (not performance mode) on a single port and using a single MIDI channel (1). [Note: I have other devices on other MIDI ports and none of them record this info either]
- I have the device configured properly (with the Roland script, complete with LSB/MSB for bank changes and patch names) and I can change banks / patches just fine in the tracks Inspector, but this isn’t what I want to do.
- I am not filtering anything other than SysEx in the Preferences>MIDI>MIDI Filters. I have toggled on/off program changes (based on an older thread) and this doesn’t change anything.
- I can set the track to record and it picks up notes, aftertouch, and CC1 (modulation), but bank / patch changes do not end up in the List Editor
- I am aware that I can insert these things into the List/Key editors. That works. But I see in the manual that I am supposed to be able to record the events.
Why doesn’t this work?