I can’t save or work on any Cubase projects prior to re-install of Cubase 10 – here is my situation:
- I wiped my SSD HD clean and did an OS re-install (Cubase was crashing a lot)
- Re-installed Cubase 10 and my plugins (I only have Waves and Universal Audio Plugs)
The Good: System is working perfectly fine with new projects.
- All of my old projects will load (they are on an external HD), but I cannot save them.
- When I open the project file, it states: “Could not create record file”
- Audio playback crackles and stutters badly
- Audio Performance RealTime Peak meter is maxed out – totally pinned (probably causing the issue of audio crackling and stuttering)
What I’ve tried to remedy:
- I’ve made sure my project folders have Read/Write permissions (they were not, so I changed them)
- I’ve removed all plugins from the project to try and remedy the RealTime Peak meter that is pinned
I’m stuck with several audio projects that are useless right now.