cannot start Cubase

…an error has been signaled by the Protected Object Server

file synsoacc.dll could not be located in windows system folders.

Long story short I had problems getting that elicencer to give me a soft elicence, then reinstalled Cubase all over again…have registered etc so after reinstalling Cubase 8, I hoped it would work but found the above error code…not having internet at home has made this installation very difficult, using library…a week with this UR22 and still using Audacity, lol (hardware works fine)…generally dissatisfied with not having a Disk to load the program in the first place, then perhaps simply download any updates etc. anyway, searched forum search for synsoacc.dll, no results…still looking for this issue, THX

Hi musicworx, I got the same issue and a lot of the online fixes didn’t work for me, however I fixed the exact same problem eventually and here is how I fixed it: (you need to have administrative privilages (you can do this by being on the administrator account))

1: Ensure that you have the latest version of the eLiscenser Control Centre (if not you can download it from its official website) (if you don’t know how, do steps 36 to 38)
2: Uninstall the latest version of the eLiscenser Control Centre by going to Control Panel → Programs → Click on uninstall a program under Programs and Features → select ‘eLiscenser Control’ → click on Uninstall/Change → follow the uninstall process
3: Go to the official eLiscener website → Click on Download Archives → download and install the ‘Last installer to support Windows XP and Vista.’
4: Once installed, press the Windows Key (key with windows logo) and r together.
5: This will open Run and in the open box, type C:
6: Open the folder called Windows
7: Open the folder called SysWOW64
8: Scroll down in the folder until you find SYNSOACC.dll or SYNSOACC
9: Right click on the file and click on Properties
10: Go to the security tab
11: Click on Edit
12: Click on ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES
13: Make sure that Full control is ticked as allow
14: Make sure that Full control is also ticked as allow for SYSTEM and Administrators and Users. (There may be some writing after Administrators and Users)
15: Click apply and OK (if you cannot click apply, click OK, if you cannot click OK, click apply)
16: Click apply (if not click OK)
17: Click OK
18: Right click on the file again and click Copy
19: Go back to the Windows folder
20: Open System32
21: Paste the file into the folder
22: Find SYNSOACC.dll or SYNSOACC in System32
23: Do steps 9 to 17 for that file
24: When finished, go back to C:\ (if you cannot find it, press the windows key and r together and do step 5)
25: Open Program Files (x86)
26: Open eLiscenser
27: Open eLCC
28: Right click on the file with an .exe format and click on properties (if there is no file of this type, don’t do steps 28 to 33)
29: Click on the compatibility tab
30: check the box that says Run this program in compatibility mode for:
31: Click on the drop- down menu and select windows 7
32: Click apply and then OK
33: Try to open the file (if it opens close it (if it doesn’t open, don’t worry))
34: Run Cubase (you may get errors and it may crash, don’t worry, this is only a step) (If Cubase works after the opening/splash screen don’t do any more steps, however it probably won’t) (if the same error comes up don’t worry because these next steps are the most important, that is to say if you don’t do all the previous steps, these next ones may no have no significance)
35: [This is important] uninstall the eLiscenser control centre by going to Control Panel → Programs → Click on uninstall a program under Programs and Features → select ‘eLiscenser Control’ → click on Uninstall/Change → follow the uninstall process
36: Go to the eLiscenser official website
37: Click on Latest downloads
38: Click on Download eLicenser Control Centre for Windows and download and install the latest version of the eLiscenser Control Centre
39: Run Cubase and hope for the best!