cannot tie two notes

Hello,

In the following example, Dorico does not add a tie between the first two notes on perc. 2.

I, of course, can attach a slur instead of a tie, but I am curious about the reason.
(due to tremolo, I use a dotted tie in this case.)
Could anyone help me?

Can you attach an excerpt from the project, rather than a picture of it?

I am attaching the file. I think this is because of the tuplet, but not sure.
tie.dorico.zip (542 KB)

It’s a bit of a weird one. I can reproduce “T” not working, here. By way of a workaround, try setting the grid value to a quaver/eighth, selecting the half and using Shift+Alt+Right arrow to extend the note. That works here (though you’ll have some beaming to fix).

Does it not work if you cmd+click on both notes and then tie them?

Huh. I downloaded it and tested it myself; selecting the first two notes results in this!:

(To be clear: I selected the first note of the bar and selected the first note of the triplet only.)

Methinks you found a glitch.

[…] the first note of the bar and […] the first note of the triplet only.

This is what I meant.
My original post was somewhat unclear, sorry!

Oops! I misread the writer information.

Selecting the first note of the bar and the first note of the triplet combines the first two main notes inside of the tuplet!

It’s a bit of a weird one. I can reproduce “T” not working, here. By way of a workaround, try setting the grid value to a quaver/eighth, selecting the half and using Shift+Alt+Right arrow to extend the note. That works here (though you’ll have some beaming to fix).

This also happens to me.

I have no idea whether this was understood or not - here’s a viable workaround:

Interesting that it is necessary, and that it changes the beaming inside the triplet. Something still very odd…

Something must have gone wrong during note input… that isn’t visible… delete and re-inputting the whole bar works fine …