Cannot update to 6.5.5 - SOLVED

Using Cubase 6.5.4 and cannot upgrade to 6.5.5, keep getting error 1603.

Any idea what that is and how to get over it?

Thanks,

It may depend on the rest of your hardware and/or software.

I also got a Module C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Asio\asioglld.dll failed to register, HRESULT - 2147024770. Contact your support personnel.

What does that mean?

I searched that folder and I did not see the asioglld.dll file in it.

I think I have solved the problem. I copied the asioglld.dll and the asioglldsetup.exe files from the 64bit Cubase folder to the 32bit folder and viola, 6.5.5 upgrade installation completed.

Upgrading to 6.5.5 from 6.5.4 fails.
W7 32 bit.
The following error:

:question:
:neutral_face:

After serious digging around in the unpacked 6.5.5 update files, it turned out that the update has to locate the “Cubase6.msi” file from the Cubase 6.5 upgrade in order to validate the install.

Running the Cubase_6.5.5_Update.msp file from the update package on it’s own, popped up a dialog saying it was looking for the Cubase6.msi file in the location from which I had installed the 6.5 upgrade.

So, I unpacked the 6.5 upgrade in that same location again, and then ran the 6.5.5 update.
Badda bing! Success.

Hello,

Maybe is a dumb question 7 years later but here it goes.

Where do i find the files to upgrade to cubase 6.5.5? i format the pc and i am stucked at 6.5

Here you will find it:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/unsupported_products/cubase/downloads_cubase_6_5.html

All “ancient” installers can be found on the support page (not on the new donwload app).

1 Like

Thank you very much!