Can't access Groove agent pattern editor in Artist 9.5

how do you access Groove Agent’s pattern editor ie where you actually create a drum pattern, I click on ‘Pattern’ above the drum pads but I only get 3 buttons on the right: edit , mixer and options. None give me access to the pattern editor? Groove agent is the least intuitive drum software I have ever used, thank god I bought EZ drummer!

Is this Groove Agent or Groove Agent SE that comes free with Cubase (I don’t think you can edit the patterns in the SE version)?

And, Acoustic Agent or Beat Agent?

This is exclusive to the full version of Groove Agent 4. Of course it’s going to be “unintuitive” if you’re looking for features that your free version doesn’t have. Please check the manual the next time.

Its not just unintuitive because SE4 lacks features, its unintuitive because its poorly designed. Auditoning loops is a long winded nightmare compared with EZ drummer and Reason’s DR Octorex approach to drum track creation is much faster and easier to edit. Its actually easier to listen to wave files in a folder than use Groove Agent.

It could use a way to preview the patterns before loading them, but I fail to see how trying out different patterns is any more “nightmarish” than EZD.

Reason’s DR Octorex approach to drum track creation is much faster and easier to edit.

You’re comparing a dedicated REX loop player to something that’s primarily a drum sampler with pattern playing features. Of course editing individual hits of a sampled loop is going to be slower, but in return GA gives you far more flexibility.

Its actually easier to listen to wave files in a folder than use Groove Agent.

The full version of Groove Agent 4 has a sample browser that’s missing from GA SE 4. In Groove Agent SE, you’re supposed to use Cubase’s MediaBay for that.

Hi,

I 'm no expert… I was searching for a solution to this exact issue and landed on this forum. Possible answer below.

BACKGROUND
Was using SL2 an SL3… just obtained C10.5
What a change in 20 years, to say the least. :astonished:
I actually liked the sliders and interface for the old old Groove Agent… but I’m making this new one work for me.

ISSUE
Back in the dark ages, editing drum tracks was pretty simple. Seemed impossible in C10.5

SOLUTION
Moments ago, I stumbled on the following menu option:
MIDI > Open Drum Editor
… while the Groove Agent track is highlighted.

“Pixel by pixel” type of editing. Now that I know, it’s pretty straightforward.

Anything is easy once you know how to do it. :smiley:

Maybe this helps.
Cheers.

Yup. Just like about anything in cubase