Can't access Guitar Rig 4 presets

I’ve recently installed Cubase Elements 6. Updated to version 6.0.5.
I am running the 32-bit version of Cubase on Windows 7 64-bit.
I’ve placed the 32-bit Guitar Rig.dll file in the correct location and adjusted Plug-in Directory as required.

My problem is that when I attempt to use Guitar Rig as an INSERT the program(GR4) appears, but I can not seem to be able to select any GR4 presets. They are all present on the Guitar Rig screen but no sound will come out of Cubase unless I then bypass the Guitar Rig insert.

All Cubase inserts (vst plug-ins) work fine.

This is driving me crazy. Please help !!!

After searching the forum for “Guitar Rig” topics, I came across the problem of fellow forum member marcblack30 which sounds exactly the same as mine.

I tried a solution that he mentioned which was to run Guitar Rig 4 through Cubase as an FX instead of an insert. I can now use the Guitar Rig presets and it does change my guitar track sounds as required.

I still however can not work out why it doesn’t work as an insert.

Please assist if you have any experience with this issue.

I have no presets in VST AMP RACK. With every update ill hope they will appear but nothin …wtf??

I had the same problem. Run Guitar Rig 4 standalone then load Cubase and try.
This worked for me. I hope this helps.

I’m starting to think that the no sound issue from Guitar Rig 4 when Cubase is open is due to ASIO only being able to monitor one program at a time. Am I wrong ? Surely it can’t be because most people have no problem.

If that is true, then go to your preferences and uncheck ‘release driver when in background’.