Cant audition audio before import on mac

Hi

When i try to import audio it seems i cannot audition the audio before import. Visually it appears to be playing the file, but no sound can be heard. When the file is imported into my project, i can then hear the sound fine through the monitors.

Im using a mac - maybe there is some configuration that is not set to play the previews through the speakers? although thinking about it, no sound is played either through the mac internal speaker,

Any help would be really apreciated

Thanks

Steve

There are several configurations that might prevent previews to be played via the speakers. It might just be helpful to know, which Cubase version you are using, which audio interface you are using, where your speakers are connected, do you have the control room enabled? and so on…

HI

Using Cubase 5.5, on a mac, using an edirol 16ds interface(although problems is the same on every other interface i have, so problem not specific to audio interface).
Control room enabled

Thanks

Steve

Preferences → Control room → Use phones channel for preview activated…? Then try with deactivating…

I checkboxed use phones channel, but still hear no sound previewing files

Steve

It should be unchecked, unless you actually use a phones channel for prview…
Apart from being activated, is your controlroom also set up correct? (Monitor connected to speaker out…)