Can't automate send effects changes from pre to post and vice versa

Subject says it. Nothing happens when I try to automate changeing pre to post.
Mads

Hi,

Do you want to automate the Insert slot change? Sorry, this is not an automatable parameter.

Has anyone found a way to automate the pre/post send effect in cubase? If not when will Steinberg release an update for this?

Hi,

I believe this is not automatable parameter. I cannot imagine why this should be automatable.

Hi Martin, I just want to add to this topic. In version 10 / 10.50 (not certain), I could select several tracks (channels) in the MixConsole and using the ALT key (I think that’s right), I could drag and move up or down all selected green dividing lines for the pre-post in the Sends section. This changed in version 11. I figured someone made a boo-boo in the code, which required me to drag each green line individually to move it. I waited patiently for version 12 hoping this previous function would return. At least on my system, it has not been corrected. The MixConsole has a lot of great functions, made all the better with the option to selected multiple channels to perform similar tasks. Moving the green separating line worked well before. What happened? Cheers.

Hi,

Do you mean the Q-Link doesn’t work for the Pre-/Post?

But this has nothing to do with the automation, right?

Hi Martin, Thanks for responding. Please let me correct some of what I wrote. My apologies. Let me clarify and try again.
I’m on a PC. In the MixConsole, in the INSERTS section (above the Sends), previously, I was able to move the Pre/Post dviding lines on several channels at the same time by holding down Shift+Alt, then grabbing and moving the green lines. In versions of Cubase Pro 11 and up, the ability to adjust the green lines across many tracks no longer works. I need to grab the dividing line for each single track across the entire project if I want to move it up or down! I can’t believe this change in functionality was done on purpose, and I suspect something got messed up in the code at the time Cubase 11 came out. Cheers.

Automating pre/post send changing requires a topology change between plugins, it cannot be automated in real-time within the VST API.
What you can do is set up two parallel chains that look the same and have the same parameters, and automate which of those chains you send the signal to (by muting or send volume or bypass.) If they are fancy chains, it may be a lot of work to keep the settings in sync, but that’s the closest you can get.

2 Likes

Sorry guys, I was not referring to automation. I went off-topic for a bit. Apologies for any confusion.
Given the subject was about the pre-post line, I thought it relevant to bring up the issue that it could no longer be adjusted for multiple channels at a time (a function that was there in an earlier version).

Hi,

I would recommend to change the title of the thread to: “Q-Link of Pre/Post divider doesn’t work”. Or something similar.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply on this. Will give your suggestion try.

Thanks again.