I’m a longtime user of WaveLab and bought Wavelab 10 the day it came out. I only want to do basic things—edit the front and back of Wave files, normalize, add CD text, and burn a CD—after I edit the front and back of the Wave files, I can’t do any of the other tasks.
I’m using a Windows 10 computer I built with the latest updates—Intel i7, 3.33 GHz, 12 GB of RAM.
I searched the PDF manual, the Steinberg YouTube channel, and the WaveLab forum and can’t find the answer. I contacted Steinberg/Yamaha by filling out a “ticket” but got no reply in days. I called the Steinberg/Yamaha help line two days and was promised an email that never came and a callback from an escalated agent that never came.
Here’s what I do and the errors I get:
- Under File Group 1, I select Create an Empty Document
- Choose Audio Montage
- Choose Custom—Stereo (CD Compatibility), Sample Rate 44.1Hz
- Choose Create
- Drag Wave Files (44.1) from the FileBrowser to Track 1 of the Audio Montage
- Insert Audio Files—Line up files on current Track (Linear)
- The Wave files appear in Audio Montage
- Select Tools Windows<CD
- Functions<Edit CD Text
- The CD Text Editor pops up but no reference to Wave files or a way to add CD text
- Go to Render to burn CD
- As told on the Forum
a. Select Whole Montage
c. Start Rendering
d. Alert—The Audio Montage does not contain and CD track. You can specify CD tracks in the CD Tool Window.
e. Go to CD Tool Window
f. Project Manager
g. Yes, I can add the same Wave files, or different, as in the Audio Montage but they don’t seem to be related.
These are simple tasks I want to do and should be basic. I’m missing something but, after hours of searching, I can’t see what it is. I must be the only user who can’t make WaveLab 10 work as it always has. Can you give me simple steps to accomplish what I want to do?