Can't click on anything in Cubase Elements 6

I recently purchased and installed Cubase Elements 6 on my Mac, and everything seemed to go smoothly so I started up the program. Major problem right from the start - no buttons or options will respond to my mouse clicks. Right when the project assistant window opens, I can’t select any of the top options (Recent, Recording, Scoring, etc.) or the presets within each option. I can only navigate with my arrow direction keys.

Once I do start a new project, just about everything is unresponsive to my clicks. This includes the transport control, mixer, and option windows do open but I can’t click anything in the window, such as Device Setup (can’t select my audio interface) and VST Instruments (can’t click a blank box to select an instrument).

Needless to say, this has rendered Cubase unusable. Has this happened to anybody else? I’m using OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 on a 2013 MBP 15" Retina (2.6 GHz, 16GB memory). Cubase 6.0.7. Thanks for any advice you can provide.

EDIT: I just realized I posted this in the wrong section. Can a mod move it the Cubase section?

I received a reply from support which I will share here in case anyone else runs into this problem. Cubase currently doesn’t support the new high resolution Retina Display on the MacBook Pro. This causes problems with interacting with the user interface. Running Cubase in low resolution mode should fix the problem. Click the link below for details.

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/using-a-macbook-pro-retina-display-with-steinberg-software.html