Can't connect with the BCF2000

Hi guys,
I have been using the BCF2000 as a mixer for Cubase for many years, but since C12 I can’t seem to get it to work. Tried so many things like updating firmware and driver, but these are old. Is C12 not supporting anymore? I’m on a w10 pc.

Really hope someone can help me out.
Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Could you be more specific, please? Can you see the MIDI Ports in Cubase? Have you tried to set BCF2000 as Mackie Control device?

Hi,
Yes i can see the MIDI ports and it’s running in Mackie Control. Cubase can see the BCF2000. Normally when I go through the steps, the faders automatically adjust at the end of the steps. With every Cubase update it worked fine, but since c12 I’m having trouble connecting it.

Hi,

What exactly does it mean, please?

Hi,

Sorry, I mean it’s connected, but not working. I see the BCF2000 in Cubase in Midi Ports and have selected the midi in- and output to the BCF2000. On the controller I pressed the 2nd button and turned it on. Then selected u-1. Normally this should work, because I have done this several times. It shouldn’t be that hard to have it communicated with each other right?

Hi,

Could you please attach the Studio Setup > Mackie Control screenshot?

Hi,
Yes ofcourse. Here it is.

Hi,

This seems to be OK.

What exactly do you mean by this, please?

Hi,
on the BCF2000 there’s the option to choose if you want to use u-1 to u-4 (midi through USB) or s-1 to s-4(standalone using midi cable). I’m using a usb cable, that’s why u-1. If I use the other usb settings, it will just add more midi ports.

Hi,

Can you see incoming MIDI activity to Cubase?

I can’t see any MIDI activity when moving faders or turning knobs.

Hi,

Is the MIDI Port disabled in the MIDI Ports Setup for the All MIDI Inputs?

Hi,

Yes it’s disabled. Otherwise it’s going to control the other instruments. I have tried so many things, but stil can’t see no midi communication.

Hi,

Sorry, I still haven’t get your workflow. How do you want to use BCF2000, please?

Hi,

I want to use it as a mixer. Normally I can control the faders, panning, mute/solo and also the transport buttons. There is just no activity when pushing the buttons or moving the knobs/faders.