Can't delete Endpoint configuration. Using Dorico 5

I go to the Playback Templates dialog. I select my custom template. I click edit.
I look to the bottom and click the Endpoint Configurations button and it brings up a bunch of them, some of which I’ve created myself. I’d like to remove/delete a few of them in order to simplify what I’m trying to do. But the trash can in that dialog mostly stays grayed out to not allow this. Sometimes, for no reason I can discern, the trash can gets enabled. But not for the endpoints I want to delete. Question: What is the criteria for this trash can to be enabled?

I see that it seems to have to do with whether the endpoint is being used in the current template or not, although that is by no means consistent. If I remove the endpoints from my template, apply and close, then come back in and look at the same endpoints dialog, the trash can is now enabled for those endpoints that I removed from the template. However, many other custom endpoints which I myself didn’t create and don’t use, are also not deletable.

I understand the same behavior is shown in the instruments editing dialog. If I want to delete an instrument that I’ve created but it is marked as global (the star is enabled at the bottom when it’s selected) then I can’t delete it. If I uncheck the star, I still can’t delete the instrument. I have to click Ok to exit, then come back in and then the trash can is enabled for me to delete it.
The behavior really should be that the trash can becomes enabled when I deselect the Global Star. I shouldn’t have to exit and come back in to see the change. And it’s not because I’m too lazy to do that, it’s because I don’t understand that that’s what I have to do. The time it takes to figure stuff like this out is completely wasted and builds frustration when confronted with an instrument, endpoint, template design of this complexity and opacity.

Yes, I understand your frustration here. As you rightly point out, there’s a lot of complexity in the way this data all fits together, and a lot of complexity in the UI for the dialogs that wrangle the data too. I’ve made a note of this and we’ll try to make the state transition between removing something from the user library and being able to delete it smoother when we get a chance.