Can't drop Mp3 files into Cubase 6

Is there a solution to this problem by now?
I have to run Cubase and Wavelab as admin since I use Toneboosters Reelbus and not being able to drag and drop audio files is a SERIOUS workflow killer!! :imp:

Try (for the heck of it) turning off UAC.

I’m using Addictive Drums 1.5.3 and works great with Cubase (I’m able to drop midi from AD to Cubase).

I don’t run AD as administrator.

Did you try to send a message to XLN audio using the support contact?

no difference… thanks anyway :sunglasses:

Hi,
I know this thread is several months old - but for anyone still running into the same problem, this worked for me.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-security/how-to-start-windows-explorer-as-administrator/a3cfdd52-695d-46b0-a617-1c9128addf01

At the bottom of the thread in the link above the instructions are:

1.Kill Explorer shell by holding down Shift+Ctrl, right-clicking the Shut down button in the Start Menu, and selecting Exit Explorer
2. Start Task Manager with Ctrl+Shift+Esc
3. Elevate Task Manager privileges by going to Processes tab and selecting Show processes from all users
4. Then start up a new instance of the shell by File | Run in Task Manager, typing in explorer, and selecting the Create this task with administrative privileges.

Be aware that step 1 shuts down your windows dock/start menu… you bring it back with step 4.
Voila drag and drop is back! :smiley:

Hope that helps someone.
Merry Christmas!