Very odd problem recently, and I’m not blaming Dorico, I just need to figure it out.
- Open a previous-exported PDF, then close it.
- Open the Dorico file.
- Try to export the same PDF, which should ask me if I want to overwrite the file, but I get “An error occurred.” The message: Could not write to file for graphic export. Is the file open in another application?"
- Check to make sure Acrobat is totally closed (including killing all sorts of processes in Task Manager), try it again, same message.
- Save as NEW FILE, try to export, same message. Eh??
- Change export file name, try to export, same message. Also eh??
At one point, I was literally resorting to restarting my computer. Sometimes changing the export location worked, sometimes it didn’t.
Any idea what’s going on?