Can't find audio file

Hi,
In my saved project I can’t seem to find where the audio file of one of my tracks is saved. I have gone through all the folders to no avail. The file comes up normally when opening the project and the name, yet somehow if I go to look for it I can;t seem to find it. Is there a search function that Cubase has that allows you track the audio file to where it is kept or saved?

Usually the pool…

How do I access the pool?

RTFM, there´s a whole chapter about the pool in it…

Sometimes the manual can be harder to understand than that actual procedure. I have found that other users explaining to me is worth more than whats in the manual. Maybe its in the way the user conveys the explantion rather than the jargon thats in the manual.

I understand you frustration, but…

Load up the PDF manual, type Pool into the search box and see what comes up.

Once you find the pool it will list all the audio in your project and a list of file locations.

Yes, sometimes it might indeed be that way. But in your case it surely is easier to open the manual and look at the pictures, than me trying to explain what the symbol for the pool looks like…Obviously you have not even tried to use the manual, otherwise you probably wouldn´t have asked. And with a software as complex as Cubase, you should start to at least learn the most basic things yourself…

Yes, sometimes it might indeed be that way. But in your case it surely is easier to open the manual and look at the pictures, than me trying to explain what the symbol for the pool looks like…Obviously you have not even tried to use the manual, otherwise you probably wouldn´t have asked. And with a software as complex as Cubase, you should start to at least learn the most basic things yourself…

Thinking Cap,

You are an extremely insulting and rude individual! How dare you address a fellow musician with such a response. If you don’t believe that a request warrants your valuable time, Don’t respond! I don’t know your experienc level as a musican, nor do I care, I do however no your humility and personal communication skill level, Verrry Lowww. If you want to contribute in a positive manner, to help other musicians with less knowledge that you, You need learn a lot about respect. I have been performing for over fifty years and I am proud and humble to sit down and help, even a basic beginner to understand a new concept.

Guitar 65, I apologize on behalf of all our fellow musicians, for this rude individual.

All members of this form, Don’t forget, At one time or another, you too were a begginer and needed help! You have a gift of comprehension that you should be proud to share with others.[quote][/quote]

“It is better to keep ones mouth shut and seem a fool rather than open it and remove all dout”

Joe: I Wouldn’t worry to much about what I use to call “THE FORUM POLICE” here. Like another
poster above said cubase is a complicated software and after a while everything does kick in. I got into many forum arguments also about the Manual since I got CUBASE Le4 BACK IN 2008 but just laughed them off. Watch Videos, Read all the Manuals on cubase that you can and things will start clickin. WELCOME to the Forum Joe

Jack :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

PS: for a Laugh :laughing: do a search for old Read the Manual Arguments here and for other topics. such as the pool.

PPS: To find the Pool
1.click Project
2. click on Pool :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

and to fined that file if your on a Windows PC do a search on “my computer” for it. :smiley:

Thanks Joe for supporting me and for all the other wonderful people on this forum.
Thinkingcap: I do read the manual, but I don’t understand much from it, what manuals actually explain things easily? Others will testify to the same thing too.
I find I learn better when someone shows me/explains to me or helps me. I would do the same for others. We are always learning something new each day. I’m sorry if you lack patience with me and my questions, but this is after all, a help forum. And I would ask a question if I already knew how to do it and after I read the manual.