Hi.
First… my side specs and tests were fully made with this:

----Studio side----
–Hardware–
iMac 27-inch, Mid 2010, 8GB 1333 DDR3 RAM with Yosemite 10.10.3
or
MacBook Pro, 13-inch, Mid 2009, 2GB DDR3 RAM with Yosemite 10.0.3
both with
Motu Traveler mk3 at 48000kHz, 24bit or Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 at 48000kHz, 24bit or Apple Built in Audio 48000kHz, 32 bit

–Software–
Cubase 8.0.10 (64bit)
I tried with:
VST Connect Pro 3.0.1.139 (Even though i used the update that says 3.0.2, this is what appears when installed)
and with:
VST Connect SE 3.0.1.29

–Internet–
I tried in my studio with 13Mb download & 1Mb upload
I tried in a friends house with 50Mb download & 10Mb upload

–How Connection was made–
In my studio: I tried wifi and by cable with router ports open.
In my friends house: I tried with wifi without changing anything in router ports.
(both firewalls off, routers and Macs, no downloads or software making internet stuff)

----Client side----
–Hardware–
iMac with Yosemite 10.10.3
with
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 at 48000kHz, 24bit or Apple Built in Audio 48000kHz, 32 bit

–Software–
VST Connect Performer 3.0.1.139

-------WHAT HAPPENS-------
The best connection i was able to have had a duration of 4 minutes maybe. After this first connection, i can’t have a connection anymore.
I can have a speed of light connection but i see the performer and it disconnects right away. This is all very unstable and the warnings don’t have any patterns i can understand.

In the next connection attempts, the lights of the client side are “always” green, but mine, are after the first connection attempt and disconnection, always red in the Sync led (Using SE or Pro, its the same)

I tried LAN connection too with my iMac and iPad 4 and Air 2 with 8.3, with latest VST Connect Performer in Wifi connection, and iPad versions are always crashing. When they don’t crash i can’t download the HD files with safety or stability.

I have print-screens but i will leave here the messages i had in all variable specs i tried:

“Connection timeout, disconnected”
“Continuous sample rate mismatch: please change either your sample rate to 48000 or the Artists rate to yours!”
“Continuous sample rate mismatch: please change either your sample rate to 44000 or the Artists rate to yours!”
“Sorry, connection failed: no reply. Try again later”

In case you’re wondering, i tried all options i could remember in smaller values.
There was a connection i didn’t have sound at all while we were seeing each other… i changed my soundcard latency from 1024 samples to 768 samples and immediately we could have sound. Right after that, crash.

We always did, in each connection attempt, a close/open the applications in question.

I tried a connection with another client that haves Windows 7 32 bit, (he installed a beta version for his system) and i tried with my Cubase 7 VST Connect 2, and we could have a more stable connection. Anyway, without sound.

It is very common too, that when i close the Cubase Pro 8, the closing gives me a warning that Cubase closed unexpectedly.

I suspect this is a Steinberg software related problem. I had fresh OS installations in my side.
I can’t work in anyway with VST Connect Pro… and i want it badly. Hope someone can give me options i didn’t tried.
ANYWAY, i already tried so much variables that shouldn’t have been tried at all. The system, like we know, is planned to be simple, both sides.

Is this topic been viewed by any steinberg programmer that can tell me if this problem is from my system or maybe a software problem?

Only saw this now, sorry.
Please try to switch off ASIO Guard wherever applicable (devices/device setup/VST audio system).
If that doesn’t help, let us know and we’ll figure out what the problem is.

In my studio end, the option ASIO Guard is and was disabled.

The performer is just using the Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 on imac with yosemite. He just select this soundcard in “audio and midi configuration” options menu. He doesn’t have that option to choose right ?

Hi,

can you drop me a private message, please?

Thanx,
Michael.