Cant get Cubase 9.5 Elements to recignise new plugins

HI, Newbie here
I have tried, unsuccessfully to get Cubase to recognise several plug ins that I downloaded.
They have been successfully installed, I know their locations, I have placed the .dll files into cubase’s VST folder yet nothing appears in the program when opened.
Please try to keep your replies as simple as possible, I am not a young guy anymore, young at heart, that is all.
Thanks

Are the plugins 64bit?

HI,
Sorry, Yes, all my plug ins are 64-bit.
I have one that is present, Voxengo, but to be honest, I have no idea how I did it!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Over the years I have whittled my VST location to (2) folders. These are the ones that Cubase recognizes by default.

All of my VST2 plug-ins are in this folder: Program Files/Steinberg/Cubase 9.5/VSTPlugins
All of my VST3 plug-ins are in this folder: Program Files/Steinberg/Cubase 9.5/VST3

Also… The contents of these folders seem to get copied/updated automatically when I upgrade to new Cubase versions. So no issues here either.

Of course you could add the folders that your .dlls are located in by going to the Studio>VST Plug-in Manager>VST Plug-in Manger Settings menu (it’s the “gear” looking button at the bottom) and hit that “+” button to add the paths. This might get messy. Especially if you have a lot of vst locations. My recommendation… copy your .dlls to the two folders I originally mentioned and make some music. Have fun :wink:

Regards :sunglasses: