Can't get MC Control to go back to N6.5

I’m waiting for the N7.0.30 patch to come out before I waste anymore time fighting with N7. So I’ve gone back to working in N6.5.40. The problem is now my MC Control keeps showing up in it’s Default Settings state! I have almost re-written every page of that thing to get it to where I need it in order to actually work with it. So, it’s very distressing to see the factory settings again.

I checked the Eucon Folder. My backup Scripts are in there. It Showed Nuendo6.5 and Nuendo7. So my custom setting SHOULD OPEN either version. I even tried copying the N7 Script and renaming it N6.5 to see if that would work. It did not.

How do I get Eucon to see MY Custom Scripts when working in N6.5?

I just opened N7 and N6.5 with the MC Control. I was hoping that if it were opened with the custom settings in N7, that it would attach itself to N6.5 when I switched over. Instead, it reverted to the default setting the second N6.5 came into focus!

I REALLY NEED TO GET MY SCRIPTS TO WORK WITH N6.5!!! Can anybody please help me?!!? I getting kind of desperate here! :confused: :frowning:

I checked the Eucon Folder. My backup Scripts are in there. It Showed Nuendo6.5 and Nuendo7. So my custom setting SHOULD OPEN either version. I even tried copying the N7 Script and renaming it N6.5 to see if that would work. It did not.

Just to make sure. The Custom Skript has to be in the “MC USER SET ROOT” folder, not in "DYN APPSETS"or “SQRL”…This way at least on Mac. Copying and renaming has worked here…(in the other direction: 6.5 to 7.)

Oswald

Here’s the Address: C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Euphonix\UserSets\MC2User\MC_USER_SET__Root

That’s the correct folder, right? It’s definitely working for N7.

Here’s the Address: C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Euphonix\UserSets\MC2User\MC_USER_SET__Root
That’s the correct folder, right? It’s definitely working for N7.

I cant say for Windows, but it for sure is the same as for N7

Oswald

Anybody else have any ideas?

Absolutely ZERO HELP over at the Avid site on this issue. Can ANYBODY here help me get this function back? Should I go back to Eucon 3.1.3? I’m getting desperate here!

I have had the same problem, but pasted the N6.5 XML back in the folder ‘Euphonix\UserSets\MC2User\MC_USER_SET__Root’ and than it worked again in N6.5
But now I can’t acces my setting in N7…

I see 3 different folders with XML files, can someone at Steinberg tell me where to put which XML file…

Best, Alan

That was one of the first things I tried and it didn’t work for me. I ended up having to re-program all of those pre-sets from scratch! It took me more than a week to get 90% back. Both Scripts are in the same folder (C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Euphonix\UserSets\MC2User\MC_USER_SET__Root) and both N7 & N6.5 now work. WHY it works now and not before with the exact same titled scripts, I have no idea. But I deliberately changed the colors on the re-write of the N6.5 Script and now, I know instantly at a glance at the MC Control if I’m on N6.5 or N7.

At present, it doesn’t matter, because I’ve returned exclusivly to N6.5. When the patch updates are released, I’ll look at N7 again. But it’s just unusable for me in it’s current state. I sure hope it doesn’t turn out like N5! I hated that version so much that I ended up going from N4 directly to N6!

Thanks. Now it works here too.
I just copied my N6 xml and renamed it to N7 xml.

But why are there xml files in 3 different places? I have them in:

• DYN-APPSETS
  • MC_USER_SET_Root
  • Steinberg>Eucon>AppSets

I’m still puzzelled.

Best, Alan

No clue Bro’, it’s a daily struggle just to keep the thing working like it’s SUPPOSED TO at all (LOL)! :laughing: