Can't hear selected notes (but CAN hear playback)

Hello!

I bought the upgrade yesterday and transferred my project over to 4. I have no issues with previewing the entire work. But I can’t hear most notes when I click on them individually or shift them around.

More specifically…I can hear the piano, but it’s a VERY short, soft, staccato note (regardless of articulation). The strings I can only hear every other note (still very quiet and short) and I’ve yet to hear anything from the winds. But playback of the work as a whole works fine.

I tried to go back to using 3.5 but the issue seems to have followed me there.

Does anyone have any idea what could cause this?

Have you checked your sample rate in the device setup? Maybe try raising it and seeing what happens.

(Going into specifics for the benefit of anyone else who needs this in the future.)

I didn’t see an option to raise it any higher than it already was (48000). But after changing the ASIO driver itself from Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver to ASIO4ALL v2 and bumping that up to 48000, I’m getting the results I’m looking for.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

That’s funny, I usually see myself with the problem in the opposite direction! ASIO4ALL being too quiet where the Generic Latency works perfectly fine. I guess it just depends on what you are using for output.