Can't import any type of video

No. That same program will do the audio/video merge for you, as well.! Scroll down the page at that link, and watch the ‘Show and Tell’ video demo to see it in action. It is quick and easy. :slight_smile:

Cheers.

Also let’s you throttle back cpu useage which is good

So basically Cubase can extract the audio so I can process it and that is all? It can’t even save it to the video I just stripped it from? I read the few pages in the manual and they are inadequate to say the least.

Correct. At least as of now, with the new video engine as of Cubase 9.0.30. Steinberg has promised that kind of functionality will return with a future update, but has not given any idea when that might happen. Hopefully within the Cubase 10 lifespan, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it takes them another year or more.

So you have to use some other tool to merge/encode/replace/render your new audio with the video file.

My workflow uses Premiere Pro CC, but some utility like the one listed above seems to be able to do the job too.

Thanks uarte

And thanks to all who contributed. I’m up and running now converting my old iOS videos I captured with an iPhone 4 and 4s using a foastex adapter that allowed line in and microphones.

So I’m converting in audiospot, stripping audio in cubase and mastering it. I then combine audio and video with audiospot. Next step is learning how to use video editing software. All good fun :grin:

Terrific; great to read this - progress is being made…!!! :slight_smile: :smiley:

Struggled with this issue also (nothing happening when adding or importing video), turns out that the Video track was hidden in the Visibility pane in the project file I was using. Didn’t realize it and also assumed that it would un-hide it upon video being added or imported. Also didn’t realize that with the track hidden the video won’t display in the Video Player either apparently. (Cubase Pro 10.5)