Can't Import Audio from CD

I have the same issue with my system, but for me it occured when I upgraded my PC. It is an ASUS P5b motherboard. When I started doing research as to why I couldn’t import Audio Cds, I found out it was something to do with the motherboard.

The workaround solution for me was to import it using Windows Media Player, and then import it in as an audio file.

That’s interesting as I also cannot import Audio CD through Nuendo 5 & 5.5, although I can on every other app I have including N4, N3, WaveLab 5, 6 & 7 etc.
Mobo here is likewise an Asus - a commando this time - and I would love to know how this is a mobo issue??
I do have WinASPI installed, as I also have a SCSI subsystem that requires it.

(or Win/64Bit)

I’ve come across this problem on vaious Windows machines.
I guess the easiest way would be to use one of the thousands of free CD grabber tools from the internet.
Like this one:

On OS X you can of course just grab the (virtual) audio file from the cd and drop it into the Nuendo timeline.

Ollie

Just thought I’d check in and see if this problem as been fixed yet.

Nope.

There’s a thread titled “Nuendo can’t see audio CD - SOLVED”, but it’s a let-down too. It suggests (as has been previously suggested by others) copying wnaspi32.dll into your installation folder. (Steinberg recommends getting it here, if you don’t have it) This PARTLY works - now, with wnaspi32.dll in place, the import window ‘sees’ my drive, but still can’t see anyting ON the drive (no tracks…)

BTW, there are at least a dozen threads on this forum concerning this topic. Why don’t people continue an existing thread rather than starting a dozen new ones? BECAUSE THEY CAN’T FIND THE EXISTING THREADS! The ‘search’ feature of this forum doesn’t work! (Try searching “CD Import” if you don’t believe me). If you want to find anything here you have to use an external search engine (eg “site:steinberg.net/forum cd import”)

In case anyone’s interested, here are some of the other threads discussing this bug:

Thank you! I thought this was just my problem, that I was doing something wrong with the search.
Anyway, take a look again at the “Nuendo can’t see audio CD” thread. I removed the SOLVED because apparently the .dll doesn’t work for everybody. But at first it didn’t worked for me too. It took some trials. I explained it in the thread. It seems to make no sense but something must have happened within those trials that solved the problem.
I hope it helps.