Can't import video Cubase 10

Hi everyone,

I’m new to Cubase but I can’t figure out how to fix this. When I try and import a video, nothing happens. No error messages or anything like that. I presume that the file format is not suitable but I don’t know what it should be…

I’m running Cubase 10 Pro on Windows 10. The codec for the video is H264 -MPEG - 4 AVC (part 10)(avc1). ((I’ve also attached a pic with the full details of the video))

I’m pretty rubbish at tech, so I don’t know why it isn’t working or what I can do to make it work. Has anyone had anything like this before? Or does anyone know how I can get the video to work? I tried changing it to a .mov file but had no luck.

Any advice would be very appreciated!!! I don’t want to have to use a different DAW to score to video but if I can’t figure this out, then I’ll have to :frowning:
codec2.PNG

I have exactly the same problem. The audio for the video file is fine but the video line just shows a series of blank boxes. I have tried rendering the video in different formats but nothing works. Do I need to import a third party player such as QuickTime or Windows Media Player into Cubase? - if so, which one and how do you do it? At the moment in Studio Setup, Device, it just shows Onscreen Window, format fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, AndyB

same problem.

Cubase wont accept variable frame rates and Google Pixel video only offers variable frame rates.

Need to know best converter for fixing this mess in as few steps as possible.

(on Cubase Pro 10.5 Windows 10 home)