Can't input repeat endings into slash region

Is there any news about this since 2018?
I am looking for a solution for this, Thanx

If I remember correctly, you put in your repeat ending in first, then the slash ending.

Or show the caret, position it where you want the repeat ending, then input the repeat ending with the caret still active. Goes for all sorts of notations too of course, the caret trick.

Lillie, really? This would work in the middle of a slash region? Fantastic!
I was under the impression there was no way to do slash first, repeat later…

Thx!
B.

Actually, I just tried many times, but it only worked once… :thinking:
What would be the exact sequence I need to follow in order to create a repeat structure with first & second endings in an existing slash region? I tried in SE by the way…

Cheers,
Benji

Hm yes you’re right, the caret doesn’t seem to work for inputting repeat endings in slash regions - I’ll make a note.

Thank you. And it would be really great as if a slash region could be handled as a normal bar, so that notes can be put in and the slashes are automatically hidden behind the notes but in the whole. Logic has a functionality like that which makes it very fast to work with it.
Best regards

Hey Lillie!

Any news on the behavior of slash regions?:wink:

Best regards,
Benji

Benji, is this essentially the same question as you’ve posted in the other thread? If so, can you consolidate what you’re asking for into one please?

Have you tried using the caret to input a repeat ending in the middle of a slash region in Dorico 4? Seems to work for me.

Hey Lillie!

Thanks for replying! And:
I’m glad to report that using the caret works but also just selecting a number of slashes works now also!! :sunglasses: Yay! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:That wasn’t the case in earlier versions!!

Super.

All the best,
Benji

P.S.: And, yes, while I have been guilty to double-ask things out of sheer enthusiasm in the past, the other thread is about the stubborn slash region handle and it’s steadfast resistance to being dragged around… :wink: