Can't install C11 SOLVED

Hi all

I’m sure Ive run into this before. When I try and install C11 I get this: “An installation package for the product Steinberg Library manager cannot be found,try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package “Steinberg Cubase 11” I have a feeling this is due to me cleaning my C drive periodically. What I think it is telling me is to use the full installer, which is currently NOT available on the Steinberg Site (it actually says it’s not ready yet) Anybody any ideas anybody? I’ve bought it but can’t install it :wink:

Best Regards, Dave

Hi all

Nobody got any ideas?

Best, Dave

Martin Jirsak,any solution?

I’m quite sure In time I’ll sort it out, but I’d rather it were sooner,and not later.

Best, Dave

Hi all

The problem was the library manager, it wouldn’t uninstall, when I tried to reinstall it would just fail. So I did a Force uninstall with an uninstall program(Revo). Then reinstalled the library manager and it all went perfectly after that. Preferences were imported properly, even the recent files list, that doesn’t usually happen. Happiness is :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Best Regards, Dave Abbott

I ran into the same problem. I had to uninstall the existing library manager from windows control panel → programs and features , then go back to Cubase 10.5.20’s install package to reinstall just the library manager msi. I was then able to install Cubase 11 update.

Like you, I’ve been finding it easier just to download the full version and install it directly from that because I always have problems with the update version. :frowning: I hope the developers will consider more robust install procedures for future builds of Cubase.