Can't install Cubase 12 Pro Demo - errors

Trying to install Cubase 12 on MacOS 13.5.2 and got various errors.

The forum prevents me from posting more than one of the several error messages I get. In summary it fails because the Library Manager needs updating, and needs 5 separate downloads (not in the Download Manager?) after that the Installation Manager fails and says it needs to be done manually, then that throws an error message about a helper (?) 3 times saying Library Manager needs updating.

I’m following all the instructions but going round in circles. Is it possible, for the demo, just to download 1 file and run it?

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

Please make sure the Steinberg Download Assistant is up to date. It should update also the Steinberg Library Manager.

Are the files downloaded completely already?

Thanks for the quick reply!
I uninstalled everything, rebooted and downloaded the Download Assistant that was looking OK - it downloaded eLicenser OK but then reported an error saying it couldn’t update the Media Bay; his time I just clicked OK and downloaded Cubase.
During the install got a pop error saying to run it manually.

Found the installation file, ran it and got this:

I had to click OK 4 times before it stopped appearing, then looked at the Download Assistant and it said Cubase had been installed correctly. It was showing in Applications, ran it and it’s working! Confusing.

1 Like