I can’t login to Steinberg Download Assistent. I launch “Steinberg Download Assistent” it asks me to “Sign in” I click it and it takes me to a login site and I log in and it asks “Do you want to allow this page to open “Steinberg Web Launcher.app”?” I click “Allow” but “Steinberg Download Assistent” is still on the “Sign in” and nothing happens, I can’t do anything.
I was using Safari browser, this works with Firefox browser.
No problem here with Brave browser, Windows 10. Maybe check security settings on Safari.
Please follow these steps:
Go to the Windows start menu
2. Type “cmd” in the search field
3. Locate “Command Prompt” result – don’t run it yet
4. Click the right mouse button and select “Run as Administrator” option
5. Type: sfc /scannow
6. Wait until the scan is finished.
7. Now type: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
8. Wait until the scan is finished (Usually 10-30 min.)
9. You can close the command prompt now
10.Uninstall Steinberg Download Assistant
11. Delete all folders in theese locations
C:\Users\AppData\Local\Steinberg Download Assistant
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Download Assistant
12.Install latest Steinberg Download Assistant
This should work.
Also reset your default browser for if Download assistant tries to open one like OPERA with a built in VPN it will not open, or others it will not open for security reasons.