Can't move cesura

I don’t seem to be able to adjust the position of a caesura. Is this a feature or a bug?

It’s true that you cannot change the position of an individual caesura at the moment, but you can change its position by way of the options on the Holds and Pauses page of Engraving Options, if that’s any help.

Thanks Daniel. The problem seemed to occur when I was trying to put the caesura after the last note of a measure. If I selected the note, then it put the caesura before that note so I selected the bar line and then it put the caesura in the right place. But when Dorico refreshed things due to other changes the caesura wound up on top of the bar line. Maybe the default position of a caesura should be after the selected entity. That would make more sense to me.

Another trick I found that I think works was to create an extra note at the end (e.g. change a quarter note to two eighth notes), select the last note, place the caesura, and then change the two eighth notes back to a quarter note. I am not sure if this really works and it is a kludge but so far, so good.

I have the following:
Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 1.02.50 PM.png
This is a solo part - i.e. single staves. Also, It’s the end of the line (i.e. the caesura is placed relative to the first note on the next line).
I need to place the caesura right after the repeat sign.
Tweaking the option ‘Gap to right of caesura’ in Engrave > Holds and Pauses does not help.
Any suggestions?

TIA,
Igor Borodin

Grab it in Engrave mode and just drag it over.

I wish it were that easy!
Have you tried it?!

You’re right - it’s immovable. The workaround is probably to use shift-x text and paste in a caesura glyph.

Thanks.
IB

I was able to move things (including the cesura) using Note Spacing in Engrave Mode. Is this what you were looking for? (I inputed the cesura after the first note in the 2nd bar, then moved it).
Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 11.55.12 AM.png

Thank you for the suggestion.
Alas, that doesn’t work in my case because the caesura has to be at the very end of the stave - not in the middle.
IB