Can't open project because it was created with Cubase 1X

Hi,
I have a problem.
Since I’ve updated Cubase 8 pro to 8.5 pro, I can’t open a project with the cpr file. An error appear : “Can’t open because it was created with cubase 1X”.

I’ve never used Cubase 1X, this project was created with Cubase 8.

I read this topic Cubase Pro 8.0.10 projects under 8.0.30 - Cubase - Steinberg Forums, but I can’t open the project with Cubase 8.0.3 to add a midi track, I have the same error. I can’t find previous version of Cubase 8 pro to try each version.

This project contains final recording of bass and guitar, and all of the synths in the song. :imp:

Please, tell me if a solution exists, you will me win hours of work !
Thanks.
Capture d’écran 2015-12-16 à 19.35.35.png

There may be an easier way to do this, but if you install Cubase SX3, then open and save the file, then Cubase 4 and open and save the file, then you should be able to open it with Cubase 8. (You may be able to skip SX3, and just install Cubase 4, I don’t know. I recall there being something about those 2 versions that dealt with this issue.) Try 4 first, then if not, install SX3 and do that, then 4, then 8… (or even try skipping the 4 and just do SX3 then 8, that might work too).

Yea, this’ll take some time, sorry.

Your problem may be the file itself, but unlikely.

ftp.steinberg.net/Download/

Your dongle will allow you to open previous versions of Cubase.

Hi,
Thanks for your answer.

I want to try your solution, but the FTP asks me an ID and a password to connect.
Any idea ?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry but your project is most likely corrupted, forever.

I hope you have another backup of it …

Yes, this sometimes happen, for no reason, with Cubase …Probably a faulty plugin you used
during the process , and this little by little corrupted your Cubase session, to finally corrupting it forever.

Also another thing : do you use dropbox to synchronize your work on the cloud ? If yes , it can corrupt your Cubase session.