Can't Open VST 32 Songs in Cubase 6

I’d just install, I don’t know about macs!

To be safe I’ll wait to hear from forum Mac users or tech support,
Thanks for the suggestion

That would be wise :wink:

You don’t need to uninstall the elicenser to update, I never do that. Just go ahead and install the update.

Cubase VST 5 had a number of different ways to save a project - IIRC there was .SNG, .ARR and .ALL. I THINK SX3 will open all of these, but I haven’t tried it. Similarly, I THINK you can open PC VST5 projects on a Mac SX3, but I haven’t actually done it. Would be surprised if it didn’t work.

I remember that VST5 Mac used to be able to open Atari Cubase files!

Good luck! It’s a bit flaky but you should get there in the end!

Thanks for the info,

Just did the update install of eLicenser and was able to open C6 without issues, tomorrow will try again to open SX3.

Years ago when using Cubase 5 I was unaware of the file extensions of the projects, however it was always very stable in Mac OS9. In the near future when I start converting the old C5 project files I understand they will be converted to .cpr so they can be re-opened in C6.

MM

Hi, hope someone can help…

I am trying to open a load of old Cubase song files in Cubase 5. These song files are Cubase SX3 (about 2000) and previous (back to about 1996), and I have done as stated on this thread, and got Cubase SX3 downloaded and running successfully on my Mac Pro, running Snow Leopard 10.6.3.

The problem is that all my song-files had to be copied from magneto-optical discs, using my old G4 mac, onto a modern USB drive (because only the G4 had a SCSI interface that could be used with the optical drive). Now when I view the files on the USB drive on my Mac Pro, they appear as UNIX Executable Files. Cubase SX3 does not want to recognize them or load them, even though I am sure the most recent ones are SX3 files.

Does anyone have any insight or solutions to this?