Can't reactivate Cubase Elements 11 - new install

Hello, guys.

I’m posting this here because I’ve created a ticket like a month ago and support did not answered it…

My main hard drive suddenly died a few weeks ago.

So I had to re-install everything on a new SSD.
When trying to reactivate my access code or use it in the download assistant, it tells me it has already been used by another costumer and that I have to contact Steinberg support…yeay…
I don’t understant why because I’m logged on my Steinberg account, with the very same mail & account I used to buy Cubase. I’m able to see my purchase on “shop . steinberg . net” but no product appears on “o . steinberg . net” (the page where you can manage your eLicencers, products, etc…)

Thank you

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Try to use eLCC Helper to force the eLCC to make a new Soft-eLicenser Number. Then reactivate again.

Thank you for your suggestion. I’ve tried it but it does not work.

I don’t know why, but my Cubase 11 license does not appear anywhere on my Steinberg account. As it was created and used with another account. But everything was done with my one and unique Steinberg account.
It seems that the issue could only be fixed by Steinberg support. But according to the long time my ticked has been opened and the things I read here, it seems they do not respond at all…

Hi,

Get in contact with your local support, please. They will be able to find your licenses.

I’m in the same situation, I called Steinberg’s support, they sent me an email , I followed step by step their tips, I had to download eLicenser, I copied the number in order to reactivate my licence but when I paste it , it keeps telling me this code has already been used … I just don’t know what to do!!! I’ll call them tomorrow.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Are you sure, you didn’t use other MySteinberg account to activate your Cubase for the first time?

Thank you for your answer. No this is not the first time I have used Mysteinberg, I have bought two products: Cubase 9 and Cubase AI, neither of them works, I’ve tried several times but nothing works.

Hi,

I’m afraid only someone from the support can help you.

We, as users, don’t have an access to the MySteinberg accounts and the licenses.

Since they were not answering to my ticket, I’ve found a support phone number around my region and called them. Problem is now solved.
Thank you

1 Like

Also decided to phone them today and managed to speak to someone.
The licence of my product (Cubase 11) did not show on my account so the person added it and now it’s showing on my account.
After that he sent me a mail with different steps to follow to reactivate my product. I’ve followed those steps and it worked for me.
Hope you’ll find a solution to your problem.

1 Like