Can't record guitar in mono

Hi,

I can’t get anything to record when using my guitar through an itrack solo and selecting the audio input as mono. Yet selecting stereo as the input and I can record my part but I obviously then only get the left channel (side) of the recording.
Am I missing something? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your message.

Please double check that the audio input for the appropriate track is set correctly in the routing tab of Cubasis.
Here “Mono input’” along with the corresponding “Mono Inputs” channel has to be chosen.

If you still experience recording issues with the itrack solo device, please make sure to get in touch with the Focusrite support centre.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars

Thanks Lars i’m sorry I’m not entirely with you, I have the audio input set as Mono input in the audio track information but where is the corresponding channel that you mention??

Please tab the channel number (“1”) below “Mono input” to open the “Mono Inputs” matrix.
There you can choose/set the input channel (works similar for outputs).

Please see it explained in one of our Cubasis LE tutorials (start at 2:00 min): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8t48FZSX60

While not being equipped with the iTrack I’d expect channel 2 is the input to choose in your case (having connected the guitar to input 2).

Hope that helps,
Lars

I’m with you now Lars, from memory though I dont think cubasis gave me any other option in the mono inputs than 1 in the matrix (the rest were grayed out). I’ll have a play around.

Thanks
Steve

Hi Steve,

Please keep me updated.
As suggested, if it does not work as expected please make sure to get in touch with our friends at Focusrite.

Best,
Lars