Can't resize Mixing window in Dorico 4.3

I don’t need to resize the windows smaller than the screen allows. I just want it to be maximized and have the title bar at the top.

In other words, I shouldn’t have to do any extra work to get the title bar to show up.

Yes, but the problem at the moment (I think) is that the window size has ended up being saved as bigger than your monitor size. So I think you will need to resize it and then hopefully it will be OK.

1920 x 1080

I tried resizing, and clicking f3 and that did not work.

After I hit f3 and then open back up the mixing window it doesn’t remember the size.

And my monitors are both set at 100% (size)

Roger, the problem here is that there is a small bug that causes the Mixer window to grow by the height of its caption bar each time you open it. This means that if you make the Mixer full size, then close and reopen it, it will grow by the height of the caption bar such that it exceeds the height of your display. This is indeed a bug that has been introduced in Dorico 4.3 as a result of some refactoring, and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I don’t have access to a Windows computer right this second to try this out, but I wonder whether you can access the system menu in the Mixer window by typing Alt+Space when it is in focus, so that you can choose e.g. Maximise from the system menu. If this works, then obviously it is inconvenient but it should allow you to get the window back to the appropriate size.

Otherwise, my advice until such time as the bug is fixed would be to reduce the size of the Mixer window so that it is at least the height of the caption bar less tall than the height of the display, so that it won’t go off the top of the display when it is reopened.

Thank you Daniel, no worries. I’ve worked in development before and I know stuff happens. There’s a million and one details I’m sure that goes into an update like that.

I’ll probably just leave Dorico open all the time and leave it set to the way I want it.

Daniel, thanks again. I had the same mixer window issue; no big deal-just a bit annoying. Followed your instructions and -Voila!-good as new! Thank you VERY much. I still wonder at you all and your unfailing support; I know we can be frustrating, but your willingness to help us who use and love Dorico is like nothing I’ve ever experienced in product support. You all amaze me. Many heartfelt thanks. You all (and Dorico, of course) are awesome!

You’re very welcome. Always happy to help! It’s what we’re here for.