Can't route through the LFE

I’m working with the 64-bit N5.5 and just realized it is not routing the LFE through the control room. If route the LFE channel directly to the output then I’m in business. But if I try to push it through the control room, I see the signal going out on my busses but nothing goes through the CR. I’m good on all of the other 5 channels.

I opened a project in N5.1 and the LFE signal is passed just fine through the control room. Using the same project in 5.5 the LFE is not passed. I CAN send directly to my LFE channel via VST Outputs. So the problem is in getting the signal to go through the LFE in “Studio.”

Also, when I export down from the 5.1 channel, the expected audio IS printed on the LFE stem, but the signal is never routed through the LFE channel for me to hear.

Any ideas? I’m flummoxed.

Thanks

Darren “Flummoxed” Ingram

What do the meters (both output buss and Control Room) show?
Do you see “movement” on the 4th channel?

In VST connections (Control Room), are all channels correctly routed to the respective channels?
(Remember that Output should be set to “none”/only use the CR Room outputs)
Is your LFE wired to the correct output of your DA converter?

Fredo

What do the meters (both output buss and Control Room) show?

• I see LFE activity on the 5.1 output buss, but nothing on the CR meters. I can get activity from all other speakers on the CR but not LFE.

Do you see “movement” on the 4th channel?

Movement on the 5.1 buss, but never on the CR.

In VST connections (Control Room), are all channels correctly routed to the respective channels?
(Remember that Output should be set to “none”/only use the CR Room outputs)

• Outputs are set to “none.” Double-checked channel routing and it checks out.

Is your LFE wired to the correct output of your DA converter?

• LFE being sent correctly. Checked the output this morning.

NOTE: Everything works fine in 5.1. Something about 5.5 that’s stopping me.

Thanks for any help. I’m boggled.

Darren “Boggled” Ingram