Can't unlink dynamics

Hi all,

I have sorted this problem by deleting the dynamics and starting again, however - is this usual behaviour, or a bug?

Many thanks
Edd

To unlink, you must be in Write mode. If you don’t want Dorico ever to link dynamics when you paste them between staves, you can change your preference.

1 Like

It is the usual behaviour, though it’s not useful behaviour. It’s on our backlog to make it possible for linked dynamics to have independent vertical offsets.

2 Likes

Ok, cool many thanks.

Hi. I know I can’t unlink dynamics on Engrave Mode.
However, when there is condensing, I cannot select them to be unlinked on Write Mode
So, how should I proceed to unlink them?

Galley View?

On gallery view the dynamics are aligned. Just when condensing that they are not.

Forgive me. I do not see the problem.

The crescendo is not aligned with the mf

I think the > and mf aren’t aligned because they are not grouped.

Correct, that alignment is because of grouping, not linking. Linking is vertical, forming a connection between dynamics on different staves.

So, what is the solution, given that I am not able to select the dynamics on Write Mode on Page View because of condensing?
I’ve already tried to go to Gallery View, select those dynamics and crescendos and link them, but it didn’t change the non-alignment on Page View.

Don’t link them. Group them.

The equivalent page in the latest manual is here (the clues are the overall look and feel of the page, and the version number in the URL)

Maybe a bookmark would work better…

I always use google. The Version is always random :confused:

Thanks, that worked.

Have a go bookmarking the online help for your version, and searching that. It’s not too bad these days! Someone’s put a lot of metadata into it over the years.

2 Likes