Can't Upload Proof of Eligibility

Hi,

I’m trying to upload my educational and crossgrade proof of eligibility and the webpage isn’t allowing it. My educational proof is a PDF file, around 5.8MB, and the crossgrade is a PDF under 600KB - so it should be within the constraints indicated by the instructions. I’m able to choose the file but when I hit Upload, the webpage simply refreshes. When it reloads I can still see my selection for educational crossgrade (Dorico Crossgrade from Finale (Education)), but both proof of eligibility files are no longer listed on the right-hand column.

Do you know why this is? I really wanted to buy the crossgrade today because I was worried Steinberg might choose to end the crossgrade promotion, but I obviously can’t do that if the website is being buggy. Is there any workaround?

Thank you so much,
Alethea

Don’t worry that we are about to end the crossgrade promotion – we have no plans to do so. Please combine your two PDFs into one, and then use a compression tool to reduce its size (I personally use this one), then try uploading it again.

@Daniel thank you so much for writing back so fast! If I combine into one PDF should either upload link work? (There’s a button to upload educational proof and another one to upload crossgrade proof, but I’m assuming it’s symmetric and shouldn’t matter which I use?)

Update - I tried combining, compressing, and reuploading using each button, and still the same issue as before.

The crossgrade didn’t work for me (and two colleagues had the same experience). I had to contact Steinberg phone support (USA for me), which was very responsive. They resolved it quickly that way. I think I ended up emailing the customer service rep.

Thank you so much for the tip!!

I tried emailing Yamaha’s customer service per the Steinberg USA website, but haven’t heard back. Does Steinberg have a phone number for this kind of question (as opposed to support for certain software)?

Try emailing Asknet, as it’s them that actually run the Steinberg store, not Steinberg.
https://steinberg.support-asknet.com/en/support/tickets/new

You could also order through Sweetwater Sound. They processed my proof of eligibility quickly and efficiently.

Stew