Can't use certain VSTi's...help!

Most of the VSTi’s I have work fine, but a few come up with this message when I try and load them into an instrument track:

“The mixer configuration expected Bass-Station to have Output 1: Stereo. The instrument currently has Output 1: Mono. The instrument channel will be silent”.

From what I understand, the instrument track wants the VSTi to have stereo output, but it is set to mono somehow. I’ve looked through all its settings and there is nothing that changes it from mono to stereo. Does this mean I can’t use this VSTi or is there some routing setup I need to do?

I’m running Cubase LE 5 on Windows 7 if that helps. Thanks.

as you can see in the manual, instrument tracks work only with VSTis with a stereo output as first output. So no, mono out VSTis won’t work.

If you upgrade to Artist 6 you’ll get the instrument rack which can host VSTi’s from 1 to I don’t know how many ouputs. 16 stereo outputs is probably the maximum, but that’s hardly relevant for you :wink:

I thought I read about a work around for this, but I could never get it to work. I’d really like to know if this is possible as well.

Thanks,

Chris

The work around is to load it in the VST Instrument rack. Unfortunately you only have two slots available.