Can't Use SpectraLayers as an Extension in Cubase12? ANYONE CAN HELP ME, PLEASE!

it will display"Spectralayers path could not be found" when i was trying to enable the extension in a audio track. i’ve tried to google this issue for hours and there’s seems no solutions. i’ve also tried to reinstall it for many times but doesn’t work.

my device was working on WINDOWS 11 22H2.

For some reason it seems your registry is not pointing to the proper SpectraLayers path.
Type [Win]+R and then type regedit to access the registry editor.
Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Steinberg\SpectraLayers
Then check that the value EnginePath points to the correct folder.
If you have the latest version of SpectraLayers this should be C:\Program Files\Steinberg\SpectraLayers 9\Win64\SpectraLayers.dll

If it’s pointing to a wrong location, edit the value to fix it.

You can alternatively delete the value and reinstall SpectraLayers.

Unfortunately, I tried that but it seems that doesn’t work.
Even i don’t have a “string value” called “EnginePath”. there’s only a folder called “8” in the “SpectraLayers” folder. and only there I can see a “string value” called “location” , I point the path to it but it didn’t work.

Ok, for the sake of clarity here’s what you’re supposed to see:

If you don’t see that, and if reinstalling SpectraLayers doesn’t fix that, then you’ll need to manually add that value and enter that path.
Right-click in the white area (where you are supposed to see EnginePath), New > String Value and type C:\Program Files\Steinberg\SpectraLayers 9\Win64\SpectraLayers.dll
(NB: I edited my first post as the path was wrong, I forgot “Win64”)

Thanks God.
you saved me.
Problems solved! Thank you very sincerely!

1 Like