Can't use SpectralLayers on a 34" 3440 x 1440 screen

Sorry if this is talked about around the clock but I can’t find anything in this new forum no matter how I try BUT …

I was forced to buy a new screen since the old one got stripy and strange and look like it was going to die any day. I got a 34" screen set to 3440 x 1440 and 125% size and so far it has looked reasonably useful.

Today I opened SpectralLayers 8.0.10 in ARA mode in Cubase and all hell broke loose! It just doesn’t work. Screen update has elements of SpectralLayers and Cubase scattered all over the screen and it looks worse than a under powered Win95 computer about to crash! SL doesn’t fit properly in the lower zone. The right zone becomes unresponsive after I clicked it away. Sometimes it helps to click a non ARA audio event to get most of the debris out of the screen but it really is totally dysfunctional. Same if I try the editor window for ARA and SL. Also in the standalone SL if I minimize the program I can’t get it back so I have toe use Win Task master to end the process. I could write a small book about all that looks dysfunctional over here but who would read it? I should add everything worked just fine on the old 1920 x 1080 screen until it went zebra.

Looks like not too much time has be used to check e.g. 34" screens set to 3440 x 1440 … ? Anybody else with similar unorthodox screens?

Unfortunately this is due to a issue with the latest Cubase patch (11.0.30), which seems to cause this kind of issue with ARA plugins displayed on high-dpi screens on Windows. Please revert to Cubase 11.0.20 meanwhile, you can find it at the end of this page: Cubase Pro 11 Downloads | Steinberg

1 Like

Yay!!! That worked! Thank you very much! :sunglasses:

1 Like