Can't verify upgrade – eLicenser says not created on this computer

I’ve tried all the steps above, but I get to the point of confirming the upgrade of the 3.5 Soft e-Licenser and it tells me ‘The Soft-eLicenser stored on this computer doesn’t seem to have been created on this computer.’ This is not true; I’ve had this computer since before 3.5 came out (though I have been a Dorico Soft e-Licenser user since literally day 1, so I have bought a new computer since then – a seamless transition at the time).

I cannot progress further with the upgrade activation, and can no longer use Dorico. I also cannot seem to figure out how to open a ticket for service as suggested in step 4; when I click on the provided link I am taken to a series of support articles and FAQs and any attempt to open a support ticket leads me into an endless chain of new tabs opening the same FAQ/article pages.

How can I resolve this?

Welcome to the forum, Daryl, and I’m really sorry for the inconvenience caused. I’ll send you a Download Access Code via private message that should resolve the issue for you.

Hello,
I’ve upgraded my dorico licence from 3.5 to 4.2 today and I’m facing exactly the same problem:

"The Soft-eLicenser stored on this computer doesn’t seem to have been created on this computer. "

And trying to perform the maintenance I end up with the same issue too.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Are you on Windows or Mac, @simone21? If you’re on Windows, try running eLCC as administrator and let it run its default maintenance task to see whether that helps. Let me know how you get on.

Thank you for the answer!!!

actually I’m on a Mac, and I can imagine that probably the issue is due to the upgrade of the OS from Mojave to Monterey.

regards,
Simone

Simone, I’ve sent you a private message so we can try to resolve this.