Capo Chords Questions

I have an arrangement with two flows and I am using Capo Chords. I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to have the Capo transposition set independently in each flow? At present the transposition setting always affects both flows.

2. Is it possible to format the Capo Chords so only the Capo Chords are parenthesised independently of the main chord (and ideally not italicized)? It would be also useful to have the option to display the Capo Chords suitably parenthesised alongside the main Chords.

1. No, it’s not possible to specify the transposition per flow. If you need multiple transpositions, you’ll need multiple players, each with its own transposition set, and each one only appearing in the relevant flow(s).

2. Yes, see the Capo section of the Chord Symbols page of Engraving Options.

2 Likes

That’s brilliant thanks - so many chord options.

I’ve successfully resolved the questions following your directions.

I know it’s not the way it’s expected to work, players need to know where they are in the whole, but the alternative transposition player only has music in the second flow. Is there a way to hide the first flow from its part?

Thanks again for a superb app that keeps on giving.

If I recall correctly, in Setup mode you can click on the layout in the right-side panel and then deselect which flows are visible in it on the bottom panel.

Brilliant - thanks.

I should have specified that I am using the IOS version, but the solutions from both of you worked for it :+1: