Careful if you rely on Steinberg Support

They finally answered me today and immediately solved my issue with the eLicenser. I just had to wait a little bit longer

Clearly, your support team is not adequate for our needs and your advice that we should better post here on the forum rather than raise a ticket contradicts your argument that “they work very hard for all of our customers”.

Maybe you have just revealed a secondary problem, i.e. that in the absence of sufficiently large support team to support all customers in a timely manner (primary problem), the support team work harder for some customers and neglect others .

I expected a more professional response from a Steinberg rep. Very disappointed.

Welcome back to the forum, @ntsarb. Things are somewhat different than they were a year ago. Are you still having problems? Is there something I can help you with?

A year later, you can’t help much with the tickets I had opened. Maybe you can help with something different, though. Can you please respect my SAVED selection of cookies when open the web pages of this forum and stop asking me the same question again, and again, and again? I won’t click on “Accept All”, it’s more likely I’ll try to avoid visiting the forum…

1 Like

You could check the long discussion of this very issue two posts below your comment, perhaps.

Yes, please refer to this thread:

I’ve contacted the person with responsibility for this prompt and have asked them if they know why there might seem to be a change in why the prompt is appearing repeatedly for people.

1 Like

Along with others here, I had a problem with licensing about a month ago. I dont recall all the details any more, but I believe that the advice of the pinned message was to contact Steinberg support in the event that the instructions did not work. I raised a ticket, but before they replied, I received appropriate help in the forum. A long time later, support responded and I wrote and told them that the problem had been solved. I am still getting emails from them about this, but they dont seem to read my replies, telling them that the problem was solved (weeks ago). At this point I have given up on them.

David

David, I guess you have been receiving support from our US colleagues. If you let me know your ticket number, I can pass it on to them to let them know they can consider the ticket closed.

Daniel,

Thanks for your interest. I have sent you a copy of the latest emails.

David