Catch Range w/DIY grooves?

Hi all,

Lately I’ve been getting into making my own grooves but it bugs me that I can’t set a Catch Range for ones I create, only for ones I modify from the stock set. So, for example, actually applying the following Quantize settings on straight 16ths gives me very unpredictable results - some notes on the grid, some completely off either the straight grid or the created one. Very strange. I’m thinking/hoping that Catch Range would allow me to fine-tune it. Is there perhaps some other function that lets you fine-tune in the same way?

Thanks!
Matthew

Here’s an example of the before and after. It looks like the reverse, with notes being moved to ridiculous positions:

Before:

After:

Here’s the “after” with the quantize settings:

Bump! Any thoughts?

I’ve been messing around with it and can’t seem to get the hang of it.

Here’s another good example: of these two notes being quantized with a groove created by me, one moves to the note position just to its left and the other skips past the one just to its left, to the one to the left of that one. Very weird.

Can anyone else confirm this type of behaviour on their system?

I find it often happens with notes on the downbeat: even though my grooves always have downbeats perfectly on the grid those notes/events will get shifted to the note position just before.