CB 12 PRO - Score Editor - Crash

Hello all. I am a total noob when it comes to the score editor. So, today I decided that it was time for me to familiarize myself with it. I am starting with the basics and taking very tiny steps. I recorded 6 very simple chords to work with. Following a basic tutorial online I got to the section where they covered chord names printed above bars.

On numerous occasions CB would crash and exit immediately after selecting a chord name from the “Other” dropdown menu located in the left column. In one instance I actually received an error popup box suggesting that I save my work. I have provided screenshots which clearly show how small and simple my project is. Your time and input will be greatly appreciated. Peter

A Serious Problem
Project Window

Hi,

Attach the *.dmp file, please.

Can you open this project file and see if it works for you?

Lieder ohne Worte_05 Poco agitato_Test.cpr (2.4 MB)

There are some chords at the end of the notes (not the end of the score)

This project works fine on my computer.

I hope all things get running for you.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the prompt response @evanh75 I will keep you posted. Peter

1 Like

Thank you for the prompt response @Martin.Jirsak . Forgive my ingnorance but how do I generate the *.dmp file. Never done this before. And, should it be generated immediately after the crash and/or error message. Or, does the *.dmp already exist?

Hi,

Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder or Crash Reports in macOS 10.15 (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps/

1 Like

Thank you @Martin.Jirsak I have located three *.dmp which are dated 2022.4.20.

Cubase 11.0.41.448 64bit 2022.4.20 17.07.35.592.dmp (746.4 KB)
Cubase 11.0.41.448 64bit 2022.4.20 17.19.52.856.dmp (718.6 KB)
Cubase 11.0.41.448 64bit 2022.4.20 18.48.06.912.dmp (711.2 KB)

Apparently I am supposed to receive an email notification whenever someone responds to my post. As stated here: “You will receive notifications because you created this topic.”

However, I never do. Nor have I in the past.

I began placing chord names into the project / score sheet that you provided. All seemed to be going well until I placed a “Repeat previous two bars” symbol onto the score sheet. I then hit the delete key on my keyboard. This when the error message window popped up. Screenshot below.

Error Message

Cubase 11.0.41.448 64bit 2022.4.21 12.02.43.778.dmp (673.5 KB)

1 Like

Hello again @evanh75 . If you are the one playing the piece that you sent me let me say that it is wonderful. I enjoyed it immensely. Thank you.

1 Like

It’s a Mendelssohn piece :sweat_smile:

By the way, you are on Cubase 11. I am working on that project on C12. Anyway, I will try to repro what you get and let you know :wink:

1 Like

Much appreciated. I have not upgraded to C12 as of yet. Many users seem to be running into a variety of issues. I will wait a little longer before taking the plunge. Have yourself a safe and wonderful evening. Peter

1 Like

Hi,

Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

I will do that @Martin.Jirsak Thank you for getting back to me. Will keep you posted.

The score editor appeared to be behaving properly when CB was launched with Disable Program Preferences checked. And Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver selected. However, I did receive the error message popup box when closing the project. File / close / don’t save.

Error

Cubase 11.0.41.448 64bit 2022.4.22 12.12.34.685.dmp (670.3 KB)

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for the update. I have updated the bug entry.

2 Likes

Thank you @Martin.Jirsak FYI. I ran memtest just for chuckles. Clean bill of health.