I can chose Cubasis as inter app audio source in, for example Music IO, or AudioShare. But there’s no audio written to this source. Is this desired behavior?
Please let us have an exact step-by-step description in order to reproduce the issue.
example: AudioShare (iPad)
- quit all apps
- launch AudioShare, tap record (bottom left)
- in the record panel tap on the “+” right to the mic symbol and choose “Cubasis” (InterApp Audio)
- tap on the Cubasis icon (launches Cubasis), play back a project and switch back to AudioShare
expected: AudiShare’s Record Panel Meters shows activity according to Cubasis playback
result: dead silence
example: Music IO (ipad)
- quit all apps; connect iPad to Mac via USB; make sure Music IO server v1.2 is running on Mac
- launch Music IO, make sure there’s a connection establishes between Music IO (iPad) and Music IO Server (Mac): green ring labeled “connected”
- enter Music IO (iPad) Settings - Instruments - Track#1: tap on “+” and choose “Cubasis” (InterApp Audio)
- tap on the Cubasis icon (launches Cubasis), play back a project
- enter Music IO (Mac) Settings, Monitor Track#1 to Built-In Audio Output
expected: Cubasis Output monitored on MacBook Pros speakers
result: dead silence
It works with audiomux/AudioBus, tough:
- auit all apps
- launch “audiomux”, tap on the “+” top left (launches/switches to Audiobus)
- AudioBus chain#1 input: choose Cubasis, launch it
- switch to Cubasis, play back a project
- switch to audiomux
expected: audiomux waveform visuals reflecting Cubasis output (sending it to audiomux Mac … )
result: audiomux waveform visuals reflecting Cubasis output (and sending audio to audiomux Mac…)
can you reproduce?
We’re in exchange with the app developers and will evaluate the issues.
We’ve created the issue “CB-2277 - IAA output doesn’t route to Music IO and Audio Share” regarding the current topic and our engineers will start the evaluation in May.
We’ve exchanged with the engineers and did some evaluation.
The issue has been included to the scope of the next update. However we can’t confirm at this point since the scope is packed (iOS 64-bit support, new features, user-requested maintenance fixes).
Please note that the issue will be solved with the next update of Cubasis.