[CB-2492] Copy midi event, paste as ghost copy?

25 years ago I did this on my atari ST. Now I cannot find to ghost copy a midi event. Am I overlooking something or is it simply not possible? You do not want to change all of your copies, just the original.

Hi,

sorry but is this a Cubasis related question? Can you explain a bit more and give us info about your setup?

Thanks!
RG

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I will explain it:

Let’s say I make a simpel midi event (a beat). I want to use this event in my song, so I copy this event 20 times in a row. The problem I have is, if I want to make a change to this beat I have to change the original and all off the copied events.

In Cubase (and all the other DAWs) you can make an ghost copy of an event so changes made to the original will effect all of the ghost copies through the entire song. This makes sense.

Now in cubasis I need to make these changes to all the copied events instead of just make the change to the original.

I hope I overlooked this because I think this is basic functionality.
Thanks,
Vincent

Hi,

It is not possible to create ghost copies with Cubasis so far.

Best,
Lars

Thanks Lars,

I see ‘so far’. It this something that is on a features wish list? This must be something that other people also want?

Greetings,
Vincent.

Hi Vincent,

So far I have not read about the request from others, but have included it to the list.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,

Thank you for including it to the list. I don’t want to be a jerk, but I’ve seen the copy-ghost request a couple of times while searching for my own answer.

Greetings,
Vincent.

Hi Vincent,

Good to know there are more requests for this, will add the link to the story.

Thanks
Lars