CB 8.0.30 update - EuCon improvements

Hi

Just mentioned in the history notes

To whom is may concern… :wink:

Cheers

I saw this too, but after trying the update briefly with my Avid S3, I can’t find any new functionality. Has anyone tried this and if so, are you seeing anything new?

Hi

Just tried the VCA visualisation on the Artist Controllers - works :wink:

Cheers

Can you explain how it works please? I have an S3 and I can’t see anything new here but maybe it’s different on the Artist series.

Hi

Well - I create a VCA channel in the mixer and it’s displayed and working on the Artists. - so far so good!
On the other hand, there is a knob on the Artist Control touchscreen, named as VCA, which does nothing. I push and turn it, but nothing happen’s.
I don’t really know, how it should work, because there is no description about that. :frowning:

But for me it’s fine to have the VCA fader on the Artists to work with. :wink:

Cheers

Oh I see. Not sure about the Artist series but on the S3, it was already possible to control VCA’s before this update. The 8.0.3 update talks about controlling ‘VCA fader setup’. I thought this might mean it is possible to change channel linking etc. So far, I can’t see anything that has changed since previous versions.

The S3 also shows a ‘VCA’ soft key which appears to do nothing if you push/turn it. This appeared in v8.0.2. I emailed Steinberg support about it and got a reply saying they didn’t know anything about it. I posted on the Avid DUC forum and got a reply saying they also didn’t know anything about it. It’s a mystery!

The S3 also shows a ‘VCA’ soft key which appears to do nothing if you push turn it.

Hi

OK - there seems to be room for improvements :smiley:

Cheers

It would be great to get some info on this from anyone at Steinberg…

“BON-12445 VCA Fader setup can now be operated from Avid EuCon based consoles.”
-Please can you explain to us what changes have been made?

Just giving this one a little bump. Can anyone from Steinberg give us some info here? Thanks.